FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2012 - "Consolidated Questions About Connecting at LAX" thread
Old Jan 2, 2012, 5:18 pm
TWA884
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by tenacioustins
Thank you. Is there then an easy way to get to departures level and security at TBIT or am I better off going up a level at T7 and taking the bus from there? I don't have too much time in between flights but I think I can do it no problem. I have about 1 hour 50 minutes between flights but am nervous as I haven't done this connection before.
The shuttles pick up only on the lower level (please refer to the map that I posted earlier in this thread).

If you walk, I highly recommend doing so on the upper or departure level, it is quieter, less polluted and, very often, less crowded. The the upper roadway, which partially covers the lower level, traps noise, motor vehicle fumes and cigarette smoke on the lower level sidewalk right below it.

It is quite easy to switch between the upper and lower levels by using escalators, elevators and stairs which can be found at all terminals.