FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:37 am
mrtdxb

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Emirates Global Sale

I got an email this morning which was probably sent to all Skywards members with details of a sale ending 9th Jan 2012 to many destinations. They also stated that there would be an extra 10% off for Skywards members.

Just for the giggles I checked out the price of a F class RT DXB to AKL that I have bought and paid for in March. Believe it or not for the same itinary on exactly same flights the price (nett of 10% discount) came out at Aed15,481 verses the Aed29,960 that I had paid for my original ticket - this is 50% less and by ex-DXB standards is and absolutely fantastic deal.

Needless to say I bought it on the spot, switched all my pre-assigned seats around and will cancel the old ticket later on today or tomorrow. Whatever the cancellation fees are they will not likely be 50% of the ticket price and if they are I will simply reschedule the old trip and will in effect have averaged down the price of each of the two tickets to 75% of what I paid first time around.

Happy hunting!