Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Emirates | Skywards
Reload this Page >

Emirates Global Sale now on - extra 10% discount for Skywards members

Old Dec 25, 11, 2:31 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond

Celebrate the new year in style with Emirates and Skywards. For a limited time only, you can enjoy special fares on selected Emirates flights, to all of our destinations around the world.

And to show our appreciation for your support, as a member of Skywards you will enjoy an additional 10% discount on our special fares* and all other online fares across all classes to over 100 destinations.

You can also earn bonus Miles on selected flights with our award-winning Miles Accelerator, irrespective of the fare you pay.

Availability is limited, so donít miss out. Sale ends 9th January 2012 for travel from 22nd January to 30th June 2012.

* 10% discount applies to the base fare only (excluding taxes and fees) and only applies to online bookings that include a valid Skywards membership number. Not applicable for itineraries starting in Australia.

Book here
Old Dec 25, 11, 3:37 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Emirates Global Sale

I got an email this morning which was probably sent to all Skywards members with details of a sale ending 9th Jan 2012 to many destinations. They also stated that there would be an extra 10% off for Skywards members.

Just for the giggles I checked out the price of a F class RT DXB to AKL that I have bought and paid for in March. Believe it or not for the same itinary on exactly same flights the price (nett of 10% discount) came out at Aed15,481 verses the Aed29,960 that I had paid for my original ticket - this is 50% less and by ex-DXB standards is and absolutely fantastic deal.

Needless to say I bought it on the spot, switched all my pre-assigned seats around and will cancel the old ticket later on today or tomorrow. Whatever the cancellation fees are they will not likely be 50% of the ticket price and if they are I will simply reschedule the old trip and will in effect have averaged down the price of each of the two tickets to 75% of what I paid first time around.

Happy hunting!
Old Dec 25, 11, 10:24 am

Programs: Skywards
Yep got the email too - nice one. When I seen the headline initially 'skywards' - I thought there would be some catch to it i.e. must be a Gold card holder. Looks like if its applicable to all tiers which is a treat as i'll be travelling in Feb/Mar time so any discount is a plus in my books
Old Dec 25, 11, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM, SPG Plat75
Thanks for the heads up! I purchased DXB-DEL RT in F for $812, vs. $1554 last week. The same flights were $602 in C vs. $874 last week.
Old Dec 25, 11, 12:05 pm

is there a code? Im trying to book my first EX flight from HKG to JNB one way... Just signed up...hoping to get a discount.
Old Dec 25, 11, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, SPG Plat75
No code that I saw. The prices were the same regardless of whether I logged into my Skywards account or not.
Old Dec 25, 11, 1:13 pm

Programs: AZ FA+, A3 G, AB G | IHG RA, HGP D, FPC P, Accor P, BW D, HH D, Eleva, GHA P, 1862 Voyager
Unfortunately there is no published rates
But OP's fare to AKL seems like a really good deal. It's almost the same price as SIN - AKL

So it seems the best discounts are Ex- DXB?
Old Dec 25, 11, 2:09 pm

Programs: SOUTHWEST A-LIST, HH GOLD, SPG GOLD, AA EXEC PLAT
Originally Posted by khalid26 View Post
Celebrate the new year in style with Emirates and Skywards. For a limited time only, you can enjoy special fares on selected Emirates flights, to all of our destinations around the world.

And to show our appreciation for your support, as a member of Skywards you will enjoy an additional 10% discount on our special fares* and all other online fares across all classes to over 100 destinations.

You can also earn bonus Miles on selected flights with our award-winning Miles Accelerator, irrespective of the fare you pay.

Availability is limited, so donít miss out. Sale ends 9th January 2012 for travel from 22nd January to 30th June 2012.

* 10% discount applies to the base fare only (excluding taxes and fees) and only applies to online bookings that include a valid Skywards membership number. Not applicable for itineraries starting in Australia.

Book here
Some fares are pretty good. I was planning on going on LH on my next trip SFO-CCU to maintain my SEN status, but EK will work out to be about $1000 cheaper. EK it is again.
Old Dec 25, 11, 3:14 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by 8mpg View Post
is there a code? Im trying to book my first EX flight from HKG to JNB one way... Just signed up...hoping to get a discount.
I believe you need to type AESKW12 in the promo code.
Old Dec 25, 11, 3:28 pm

Programs: EK Gold, HHonors Diamond
Just cancelled my bom-lhr that I had booked a week earlier and rebooked @ 40% cheaper....
Old Dec 25, 11, 3:55 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold, Qantas FF
You've got to be quick though ...

The promo fare from AKL to BLR - was 10k yesterday , now it's 11.5k - "A" fare gone leaving the "F"/ "P" fares.

All Prices in NZD

Edit: Just checked for another trip ...

AKL-DXB = 11.5k
but same dates & flights
DXB-AKL = 5.5k

Dont you love the way Fares are priced ...

Last edited by EK_Flyer; Dec 25, 11 at 5:18 pm
Old Dec 25, 11, 7:15 pm
Xlr

Programs: Amex Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Flight with DXB as an endpoint are surprisingly inexpensive. DXB-JFK-DXB for AED 12k, wow. (Edit: To clarify, this is in J. Y is around 4.5)

This seems to be a totally legit sale, guys.

Edit2: Lol, google the code and look at the different language websites and blogs which have reposted the offer. Amazing.

Last edited by Xlr; Dec 25, 11 at 8:04 pm
Old Dec 25, 11, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by lsed View Post
Unfortunately there is no published rates
But OP's fare to AKL seems like a really good deal. It's almost the same price as SIN - AKL

So it seems the best discounts are Ex- DXB?
These are published V, O, A fares that can be looked up on EF. The unfortunate part is that there's no discounted flex fares (aside from the 10% discount).
Old Dec 25, 11, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/1MM
Smile Thank You

Thanks to you all... saved $350 on LAX-DXB-LHE for 2 adults + 1 child in Coach. Basically the discount paid for the taxes
Old Dec 26, 11, 12:00 am

Programs: Skywards Plat, Etihad Gold, Aerosvit Gold, Virgin Silver, AA lifetime Gold, Sirius Gold
Originally Posted by ung1 View Post
These are published V, O, A fares that can be looked up on EF. The unfortunate part is that there's no discounted flex fares (aside from the 10% discount).
My DXB-AKL-DXB in F showed as Flex during booking process, Flex on MMB (even now) and Saver on my eTicket ... but even if I end up with 50% of the points I am happy as it cost me 50% of what I paid the first time round ...

Search this Thread