FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dumb and dumber - not good sense to lose a customer..
Old Dec 24, 2011, 2:48 am
tmac100

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
The initial statement indicated the fuel tanks were empty and were so for a year. White (aka Coleman) gas evaporates very quickly and leaves NO lingering smell like auto fuel or diesel/kerosine.

The bureaucratic paperwork quoted is just that. Are you suggesting that other countries are not as concerned with the safety of air passengers as the USA? Judging by the number of airplane crashes in the USA and elsewhere on this planet no one is immune from "accidents". The safety record of the USA is not enviable when compared to the rest of this planet. I repeat that everyone flying is concerned with flight safety - never mind the nonsense paperwork/rules. The current changes to the allowance for liquids in carry on baggage indicates this.

Besides, I have met others who have brought such stoves out of the USA. Does the bureaucratic "paperwork" suggest their travels were less safe than that of my sons? One would expect some consistency in the application of "safety" regardless of the airline, n'est ce pas?