FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you think Delta reads this forum and thinks...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:23 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bfxfd
Does UA really think any differently? I ask this as a serious question. From my brief reading of the UA forum and the new MileagePlus program it looks like UA is really shafting their lower level elites. With regards to the ham sandwich incident, DL really lost perspective on who is critical to their success.
In fact UA was the first to start the Silver devaluation. However, UA announced its 2012 program in September exclusively to FTers. Even though some of the messages were bad they were up front and took the beating. They also are very involved on FT. UAInsider posts all the time and is very accessible. Delta has yet to feel we need to know what the program will be a week from now....that in itself says a lot.

I continue to say that it is not what Delta does most of the time but how they do it. Calling your "best" customer Ham Sandwiches is just poor form.
As for UA in general at this point I think 1K and above is on par if not better than DL DM. The MM program is MILES better than DL. It is a personal choice but I chose to do business with companies who treat me like a customer not a Ham Sandwich.