Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do you think Delta reads this forum and thinks...

Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

"Damn, we should not have made public that thing about the ham sandwich..."

I mean, come on, do they not realize we would find out about it? Don't they realize e watch them? Have they heard of the interwebs in Atlanta or what???
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by knoa_knows

I mean, come on, do they not realize we would find out about it? Don't they realize e watch them? Have they heard of the interwebs in Atlanta or what???
It was in my opinion one of the worst public statements of the year from DL. While I already know that is what they think of us it is offensive in several ways and just a completely arrogant way to talk about customers. That statement and the fact that they have no problem making it publicly, is in a nutshell why I am at UA now.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Another thread on this is rather derivative, don't you think?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Nope. I think the more the better. Someone at DL needs to get a clue.

I don't think Delta REALLY cares what the people of FT think. To them, we are a bunch of pampered, whiney babies (yes, that is pretty true) who would find fault in ANYTHING they did. If they gave 10x EQMS, some would complain. If they eliminated EQMS totally and went to a spend model, some would complain, etc.

Once in awhile they do a little something to pacify us, but in general, I really doubt they care. Personally, I think they should milk this group more for opinions before launching new products/initiatives...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Well, I am more wondering if they reflect upon their decisions, not complaining like in other threads.

Actually, I am secretly hoping they reply...

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Do you think Delta reads this forum and thinks... "Gee our customers are really dissatisfied. We have a big problem we need to fix!"

Unlikely.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by james318
Personally, I think they should milk this group more for opinions before launching new products/initiatives...
Could not agree more. We are a great resource and they do NOTHING to utilize us here. How utterly stupid is that? Really - come in Delta!!! Ask us what we think, even if you are going to do exactly the opposite, just so you have another informed opinion. Distributed processing...
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:51 pm

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
Could not agree more. We are a great resource and they do NOTHING to utilize us here. How utterly stupid is that? Really - come in Delta!!! Ask us what we think, even if you are going to do exactly the opposite, just so you have another informed opinion. Distributed processing...
They know what we think. That's why they don't ask us. It will dilute the KookAid they're drinking.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
They do believe it or not, do they care what people are saying here, well they do not care, and never will.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL,AA SPG Plat
Originally Posted by avidflyer
It was in my opinion one of the worst public statements of the year from DL. While I already know that is what they think of us it is offensive in several ways and just a completely arrogant way to talk about customers. That statement and the fact that they have no problem making it publicly, is in a nutshell why I am at UA now.
Does UA really think any differently? I ask this as a serious question. From my brief reading of the UA forum and the new MileagePlus program it looks like UA is really shafting their lower level elites. With regards to the ham sandwich incident, DL really lost perspective on who is critical to their success.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles

No, they do not think.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:20 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold

Excuse my ignorance, but what is this "ham sandwich" incident to which you are referring?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by bfxfd
Does UA really think any differently? I ask this as a serious question. From my brief reading of the UA forum and the new MileagePlus program it looks like UA is really shafting their lower level elites. With regards to the ham sandwich incident, DL really lost perspective on who is critical to their success.
In fact UA was the first to start the Silver devaluation. However, UA announced its 2012 program in September exclusively to FTers. Even though some of the messages were bad they were up front and took the beating. They also are very involved on FT. UAInsider posts all the time and is very accessible. Delta has yet to feel we need to know what the program will be a week from now....that in itself says a lot.

I continue to say that it is not what Delta does most of the time but how they do it. Calling your "best" customer Ham Sandwiches is just poor form.
As for UA in general at this point I think 1K and above is on par if not better than DL DM. The MM program is MILES better than DL. It is a personal choice but I chose to do business with companies who treat me like a customer not a Ham Sandwich.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:30 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Image of DL higher-ups thinking about HVCs:

Old Dec 21, 2011, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Personally, I'd like to think I'm more than a ham sandwich. Maybe a cheesesteak, at the very least. Can I come from a cow as opposed to a pig?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.