FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - can you standby on different day?
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2011, 4:33 pm
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gof
There have been times in the past when I've headed home a day early. These were usually non-stops with low loads. But, it's been a couple of years.

So I find myself in the position of being about 1200 EQM's short due to a cancelled business flight. But, I'm on Xmas holiday now with the family and had originally scheduled to go home (SAN-ORD via SFO of course ) on Jan 1st. Since I'm short, I thought of standing by (with luggage unfortunately) a day early, and then picking up the family when they arrive the next day (separate PNR's so no complications there).

Any recent experience on whether or not this would be possible? I know it's "up to the GA" typically, but I've had great past experience with it.
How are you going to even make it to the GA? Don't think you can make it through security unless you have a same day boarding pass. So it would be more up to the TA outside security. If by chance you do make it through can't you figure out a way to just have a carry one and have the rest of the family bring the rest of your luggage the next day?