FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Successful resolution of complaint to Amex about BA PP refused BA purchase
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:35 pm
dddc

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by uk1
It's a shame they aren't as good as MBNA with respect to suspected fraud. Only happened (thankfully) a couple of times - but each time within a minute or two of "completing" the rejected transaction they are on the phone checking with me so I can have another go and complete the transaction.
Really? I get a text message the following day. Almost every month without fail I get a text asking me to confirm my monthy mobile phone bill to the same provider I've had on continuous credit card authority for several years. I'm assuming it's because it's an unsecured transaction as they are not allowed to store the CCV number for repeat transactions.

Last week I made an online purchase for gifts from an Australian website to be delivered in Australia. The online response after purchase was my transaction was being held and to please call, which I had to do 10 hrs later as they had shut in oz. I called and they said the bank had refused the transaction - perhaps because I had gone over my limit the implied tone came down the phone. I didn't have time to tell him I had an £XXXXX limit on the card and less than £200 was on it at the time and gave him another card to use.

The next morning I get text asking if I had made the transaction and of course the only options you have to respond are yes and no. They've yet to follow it up my non-action.