FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asiana AMEX gone?
View Single Post
Old Dec 21, 2011, 3:20 pm
moolman

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
All of the new cards earn 1 miles per $ spent on everything. The Amex earned 2 miles per $ spent on everything. Huge loss!
The Asiana Visa cards have been around before the AMEX card, so they aren't new. I had the Asian Platinum Visa before I jumped ship to the AMEX. The AMEX came about at the time when that lawsuit that allowed banks to finally issue AMEX cards because Visa/MC was restricting them.

I still haven't heard anything yet either, got my yearly 10K coupon and lounge access coupons a couple of months ago. They may just let the current users stay, who knows. This has been my main card for years now. Hard to beat a card that gives you a biz class trans-pac ticket with $52,500 worth of spend.

For the first couple of years, I was able to call and even get the $99 annual fee waived but when the Card Act was passed, they refused.

Still I was able to use a couple of tricks to get the annual fee back, so it's always been free for me.

Used this card to get 200,000 miles in a year using the $ coins. Only thing that stopped me is that they have a 200,000 yearly limit on miles earned....haha