Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana AMEX gone?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2012, 1:12 am

Originally Posted by edta450
My amex asiana is good till 2014, so I would keep the current mileage earning scheme. Is it possible to send them written opt-out request and keep the current terms?
I dont believe that is how it works. If they change the agreement and you dont accept, they will cancel your card.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: nothing but freebies
Originally Posted by Ducati
I dont believe that is how it works. If they change the agreement and you dont accept, they will cancel your card.
I know they will eventually cancel it, but shouldn't they obey the current T&C until the expiration of the card I have now?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by edta450
I know they will eventually cancel it, but shouldn't they obey the current T&C until the expiration of the card I have now?
The expiration of the card has nothing to do with your relationship with the bank and its T&C.
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: Many
I read somewhere that this is going to. Of course, I can't find the article again...
A blog? Somewhere reliable?
Old Mar 12, 2012, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
A blog? Somewhere reliable?
I read it on FT. I think someone had posed a question. Not sure if it received any replies.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:28 am

Programs: Many
I read it on FT. I think someone had posed a question. Not sure if it received any replies.
I saw a thread where someone was speculating that BofA Worldpoints would discontinue the transfer option with Air Canada but I haven't seen any reliable info that this will happen. This might happen because BofA is discontinuing their Aeroplan card that earns them directly. This doesn't mean BofA would also discontinue their Worldpoints relationship with Aeroplan but it could happen...only speculation for now.

Last edited by crazyMRer; Mar 15, 2012 at 8:36 am
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by crazyMRer
I saw a thread where someone was speculating that BofA Worldpoints would discontinue the transfer option with Air Canada but I haven't seen any reliable info that this will happen. This might happen because BofA is discontinuing their Aeroplan card that earns them directly. This doesn't mean BofA would also discontinue their Worldpoints relationship with Aeroplan but it could happen...only speculation for now.
Ah yes. Damn BoA!!! (Not the singer, lol.)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:11 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Anyone tried to cancel and obtain pro-rata annual fee refund, or perhaps a retention incentive to not cancel? It doesn't seem right for them to keep the entire annual fee if you cancel because they changed the deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.