FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight
Old Dec 20, 2011, 12:20 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
If this wasnt IROPS, and instead, a permanent schedule change, I'm failing to see why you think you are entitled to those MQM's/RDM's. Yes, you purchased it thinking you were going to get "x" amount of MQM's - but now that they no longer offer that flight, I'm sure you have other routing options available to you to make up some of those missed MQM's if you should so desire (ATL-DTW/MEM/JFK-PIT?)...but at the end of the day, you purchased that flight (or should have) to get to point A-B.

And given your situation - the comments of the DM agent werent tacky, but probably spot on. Again, you arent "entitled" to any of those MQM's...so I'm sure she was probably wondering why you were asking.
I'm always amazed at the lengths people on FT will go to to argue with an OP. The OP booked the flight. DL eliminated it and put him on a less convenient flight (as far as the OP was concerned). This one isn't even close.

And yes, the DM agent's were tacky. As a DM, the OP is a valuable customer and the DM line is there to service those customers. The DM agent managed to waste time and annoy a customer over something that was Delta's fault. The proper response would have been, "I'm sorry, Mr. Davetravels, let me credit your account right away. You'll see those MQM in a few days. Thank you for your business."

Mike