FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:40 pm
davetravels
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
And given your situation - the comments of the DM agent werent tacky, but probably spot on. Again, you arent "entitled" to any of those MQM's...so I'm sure she was probably wondering why you were asking.
Wow! You're brutal! I don't really think my tone was a sense of entitlement! My call was about another issue. While she was on the phone, I simply thought I'd ask about this, to see if it was something they could pop in easily! If I can't get it - so be it!

As to the routing, the only way I could've gotten the same routing, would've been to leave something like 3 or 4 hours earlier, and lose my entire day in ATL, so that wasn't an option.

Now, back to my ORIGINAL thought - - I simply thought that the remark by the agent was just a tad out of kilter, compared to the way I have always been treated, as DM or PM! You disagree! Thanx for your opinion!

edited to add . . . . I think, if she would have said, something like: Mr DaveTravels, due to a schedule change, you're really not entitled to the miles. I would have accepted that. But - - "Do you really NEED those miles"? Wow!

Dave