FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Not Thrilled With a Remark by a DM Agent Tonight
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:31 pm
FlyingHigh20

Originally Posted by davetravels

On my way home from MTY, my original itienrary was to overnight (by choice) in ATL, then ATL/MSP/PIT. The evening MSP/PIT was eliminated on Saturday, so, the Delta auto rebooker put me on a nonstop ATL/PIT. I asked about credit for 1106 MQMs + RDM. The agent said . . . .
If this wasnt IROPS, and instead, a permanent schedule change, I'm failing to see why you think you are entitled to those MQM's/RDM's. Yes, you purchased it thinking you were going to get "x" amount of MQM's - but now that they no longer offer that flight, I'm sure you have other routing options available to you to make up some of those missed MQM's if you should so desire (ATL-DTW/MEM/JFK-PIT?)...but at the end of the day, you purchased that flight (or should have) to get to point A-B.

I said, WHAT? With rollover, yes, I do! I paid the airport taxes, so I should be entitled to them!
Since when does paying airport taxes entitle you to mileage credit?!?! You're due a refund for those taxes, and thats it.

She claims that she put in a request. No entries have shown up yet. I was contemplating contacting KP, but, I know it really isn't his dept, so, I figured I'd see what happens this way before I eMail him.
As far as I know, this isnt KP's department or issue - don't bother him with that. Do it the old fashioned way, via Delta.com. If they deny it, you can either push it up the chain and send them a letter via snail mail, or you can do what most other people do on here, complain about it some more on FT and then let it go. You arent being screwed over here due to mechanical irops or VDB/IDB....so while it sucks that you wont be getting the MQM's you originally thought, you arent going to get much sympathy either.

And given your situation - the comments of the DM agent werent tacky, but probably spot on. Again, you arent "entitled" to any of those MQM's...so I'm sure she was probably wondering why you were asking.