FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pros & Cons of Switching to UA/CO MP??
View Single Post
Old Dec 17, 2011, 3:55 pm
YOW_RTW

Programs: TK E+, AC 25K, A3 S, UA S, BoNVoY TE
Pros & Cons of Switching to UA/CO MP??

With potentially significant changes to the 2013 Top Tier qualification requirements, I have been looking at my anticipated travel plans for next year. More specifically I am looking at the likelihood of achieving 50K if this should become the new E qualification level.

One thing I immediately noticed when searching fares into 2012 was the presence of Tango fares on almost all routes along with increases to the cost of T+ fares. A quick check today now shows Tango fares ex-USA to Asia where before there was only T+. I am also seeing a few Tango fares to Europe ex-Canada. I suspect this will become standard in 2012 and beyond.

The UA/CO MP program currently shows 100% earning on AC Tango Int'l fares. Switching to MP looks interesting when I consider the following:

- 100% earning on AC Int'l Tango fares;
- 100% earning on all UA/CO fare classes; and
- 140K miles required for *A F redemption Asia.

What does AP offer that UA/CO MP does not? Are mini-RTW redemptions on *A possible through MP in the same fashion as through AP? What are the chances MP and other *A FFPs will knock AC Tango fares down to 50% earning or less as we move into the new year??

The case to switch away from AP is building...

Any advice??