FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld booking and pricing experiences
View Single Post
Old Dec 15, 2011, 11:30 pm
pandaperth

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by Limewood
I did a CP years ago, been looking at it again past 6 months.

Wife/Self go to HKG every April on business, been thinking go there on one way Y ticket, then HKG/SFO/LAX/SYD/HKG as a CP and leave the latter flight SYD/HKG up to another year to use in following April and at that time buy one way HKG/SYD in Y, would this work?. Also, could I use QFF points for a One World CP?.
As jerry.a.laska has pointed out, you are leaving a bunch of miles on the table - even if you buy just the cheaper xCIR22 product
Perhaps consider a holiday in SWP - such as to NZ or to the big red rock. You are allowed two free stopovers per continent, and can purchase two more at USD150* each (except for the continent of origin) - so each of these itineraries will increase your cost by USD150Have you looked at the cost of the 1-way positioning flights at the beginning and end?
These might be expensive - and perhaps are candidates for using your QFF points?

* if buying the economy ticket (LCIR22) then I would consider USD150 expensive - but if in the premium cabin then this is a bargain