FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strategy for KE award flights using DL miles
Old Dec 15, 2011, 5:29 pm
Jaimito Cartero
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by ehe123
I was surprised at how easy it was to book BE/First RIC-ATL, ATL-ICN, have a three day stay in Seoul, and then ICN-NRT-PVG, with an open jaw return from PEK-DTW, DTW-RIC for early Fall, 2012. The original itinerary was KE36 from ATL-ICN. The KE website had conflicting information about whether this was a flat bed. I called KE and they said no (it will be a 747). The return was originally PEK-SEA, SEA-ATL. Those 767s are not yet scheduled to have the flat beds. So I changed the outbound to KE34 (777 with flat beds) and the return to PEK-DTW which has the flat beds. It was 170,000 miles for each ticket (we have two). Out of curiosity, does anyone know the Prestige Class meal service on KE34? It departs at 00:30, and I was wondering whether they actually serve the main meal at what might be 02:00 for most passengers.
I thought KE should just be 120k for an award. Is the domestic leg being added on?

KE has pretty good food. A Korean option, and then some western ones. Not what I'd describe as five star, but I usually enjoy it more than the DL food.