FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Old Dec 15, 2011, 1:56 pm
pollione

Originally Posted by OnTimePlease
But you can't use the DL website to fix it. Even if you think you have a seat assignment, toddler rules apply . . . when the toddler changes their mind, your stuck

I just don't have the time to deal with this KLM baggage for the TATL segments. I'm instituting the DL metal rule of thumb. Perhaps if DL has to keep adding Jets due to the refusal to fly on KLM for the TATL segments, they will either treat us better as customers or fix the computer issues.

I work in the computer industry involving many large installation environments and have a few observations:

We "can't fix it" usually means it's not a priority, you silly customer.
"It's a very complex issue" = We are out of date and incompetent so just live with this.
"You will have to call whoever.com" = Our alliance is a marketing farce and our B/C level managers just can't stand toe to toe with our partners to negotiate a better infrastructure for our customers.

Whew, I feel much better now
Those observations are insightful. From my recent albeit minor headache of an experience trying to reconcile KLM and Delta seat assignments I got the impression that those observations all hit the mark