Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

There have been many prior postings about Delta PM access to KLM Economy Comfort. I think the consensus has been that Delta PMs and DMs are not entitled to Economy Comfort on KLM, but people have had success at the airport in getting KLM Economy Comfort seats.

Delta.com now says that Delta PMs and DMs are entitled to free seating in KLM Economy Comfort, and that up until 48 hours before departure the way to get the seat is on klm.com: http://bit.ly/w05B3l

Well, I just tried klm.com for a booking I have next month. klm.com was more than happy to give me an Economy Comfort seat for the amazing low price of $192.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:30 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
I just had 4 flights on KLM this weekend,picked EC free on all segments when I booked my ticket with no problems and seat numbers held and even got upgraded to BE on one leg on a T fare, when the flight was not sold out in coach as did others this weekend.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
I just had 4 flights on KLM this weekend,picked EC free on all segments when I booked my ticket with no problems and seat numbers held and even got upgraded to BE on one leg on a T fare, when the flight was not sold out in coach as did others this weekend.
KLM is now giving Thanksgiving presents? it is not possible.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Did you choose the seats on delta.com or klm.com?

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
it is not possible.

haha, very appropriate for KLM
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:46 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by BigFlyer
There have been many prior postings about Delta PM access to KLM Economy Comfort. I think the consensus has been that Delta PMs and DMs are not entitled to Economy Comfort on KLM, but people have had success at the airport in getting KLM Economy Comfort seats.

Delta.com now says that Delta PMs and DMs are entitled to free seating in KLM Economy Comfort, and that up until 48 hours before departure the way to get the seat is on klm.com: http://bit.ly/w05B3l

Well, I just tried klm.com for a booking I have next month. klm.com was more than happy to give me an Economy Comfort seat for the amazing low price of $192.
Dl.com ad AF/KLM communicate via handsignals between Nova Scotia and Iceland. If there is fog, rain, ice bergs or such in the N Atlantic it might fail to correctly note that your are an ST E+.

You are entitled to the seat, you just need to man up.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat

This would be great news if accurate. However, according to KLM's site:

"The price for a seat in the Economy Comfort zone is from EUR 60 to 150 per one way, depending on the duration of the flight. If you are a Flying Blue Platinum member or if you travel on a fully flexible Economy ticket, you can get a seat in the.Economy Comfort zone free of charge. Flying Blue Gold members and SkyTeam Elite Plus members of our partner airlines receive a 50% discount."

Seems a little inconsistent.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:01 pm

paging TheMadBrewer - he has a lot of experience dealing with the KL EC seating as a Diamond...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
Got an EC seat at Christmas no question asked. Booked on delta.com, and it lets you choose EC at no charge.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by thesaints
Got an EC seat at Christmas no question asked. Booked on delta.com, and it lets you choose EC at no charge.
does your seat assignment stick when you pull up your reservation on klm.com?

it does not in my case
expertflyer is also showing the seats in question as empty...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
does your seat assignment stick when you pull up your reservation on klm.com?

it does not in my case
expertflyer is also showing the seats in question as empty...
A couple of months ago I was able to select EC on delta.com for a flight on KL. When pulling up the record on klm.com the seat stuck. After takeoff, I was asked to give up my seat and move up to business.

Overall, getting EC on KLM at no charge seems wildly inconsistent. Some do, some don't, some get it taken away at the last moment.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
When I flew to BAH earlier this month I had problems booking online due to issues with Delta.com booking my KLM connections so booked through the Plat Line (so YMMV) but I received comped EC on both my AMS to BAH and my BAH to KLM legs.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA & AA Peeon, Hilton/Starwood Gold
I've flown about 14 segments on KL aircraft with EC since it came around and have never had a difficult time getting a seat in EC. One thing I have also noticed, especially when regular Y is full, is KL FAs will come through with the manifest and if there are any EC seats open, they'll invite elites to come up and take those seats. It is wildly inconsistent in terms of when/how you can book them, but I've been able to score the seat quite regularly...
Old Nov 28, 2011, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What did Customer Service say when you reported this defect re: klm.com and EC seating?
Old Nov 28, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
paging TheMadBrewer - he has a lot of experience dealing with the KL EC seating as a Diamond...
Well not that much. I booked LAX-AMS last year before I was Diamond and paid for EC at the discounted rate. When I checked in at LAX the rep (wearing DL uniform) told me it was free to Diamonds and I should apply for a refund. I called the Diamond line and they said the refund idea was news to them. I tried calling KLM but as you know, that just routes you back to Delta.

In April I flew CPH-AMS-ATL-LAX, the first two legs on KLM. I was able to pick EC seats on AMS when I bought the ticket on delta.com --- I never tried to change them though. They did "stick."

I am flying YVR-AMS (and on to WAW -- as I think MR_MAMA just did) in Feb and I picked EC seats on both TATL legs and when I went to the KLM website it showed me in those same EC seats. I did use the DL PNR though. I need to get the KLM one and check that.

I am sure there are those here who have more KLM EC experience than I.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.