FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great experience on new LX product ZRH-BOS
Old Dec 9, 2011, 9:07 pm
ijgordon
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was somewhat underwhelmed with my recent LX F trip on DEL-ZRH, given my high expectations.
On the plus side, the flight crew (well, the one serving the pax in F) was fantastic, and the seat was excellent -- except for one glaring flaw in that you can't get out of the seat when the tray table is open.

Wines were very good -- I see that the L-P Grand Siecle (NV) is twice the price of the L-P Milliseme 2000 that LH serves and you can tell. And the 20 year old port was excellent as well.

On the negative side - one bathroom in F for 8 pax is not enough (for F standards), particularly ex-DEL. Interestingly, while there were only 5 pax in F, twice during the flight I had to wait. Just bad timing, I guess.

And the catering wasn't anything to write home about either, as far as F catering goes. Though maybe it's an ex-DEL thing, wouldn't surprise me. The Balik was lacking flavor, and this is something I enjoy in CX F (they usually serve the Tsar Nicolaj, not sure if LX serves a lower quality version). It needed different garnishes as well - lemon, onion and capers. Blinis and creme fraiche are for caviar... My stuffed chicken main was kind of dry, the cheese was okay and the chocolate cake not as decadent as it should have been (like LH's deserts).

And I'm still not particularly impressed with the LX FCL in ZRH. It seems most of the accolades center around their (limited hour) dinner service. I had the most amazing roast Christmas duck at the LH FCT in FRA for lunch.

I still enjoyed the experience overall, however. Comparing this to my 5 LH F segments in the past two months, I think LH wins by a solid margin -- LH's new F, that is (though I've only had 744 F with the separate beds). Compared to old LH F, which I really don't like at all for sleeping, I'd probably prefer LX F.