FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Great experience on new LX product ZRH-BOS
Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:59 pm
edrags

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, DL Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt DMD
Great experience on new LX product ZRH-BOS

Just returned from a trip BOS-BCN. Outbound was LH through Frankfurt in biz (Z). BOS-FRA featured a new cabin (747-400) but fairly indifferent service and so-so food.

On my return I was re-routed through ZRH with LX because MUC was fogged in. My previous experiences with Swiss were mediocre, as their biz-class product in and out of BOS was frayed. So I wasn't too excited.

My guarded expectations were greatly exceeded. Not only was the cabin brand new, the food was the best I have had on a European carrier, and that includes F on Air France. Simply superb salmon tartare and a filet of beef that arrived medium rare as I ordered it. Great wines, cheeses, desserts and service with a smile. ^

The sad thing is that paid business class (and first too) in LX only accrue 100% EQM with UA, whereas LH accrues 150%. In my eagerness to renew my MP 1K status I will probably have to stick with LH's inferior product for future flights.

But if you are less obsessed than I am with requalification, I heartily endorse the new LX, at least BOS-ZRH