FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Strange 777 seating
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2011, 1:14 pm
qwest01

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Originally Posted by mikey2124
Going to keep an eye on it for you. ^

These 3-class to 4-class switches happen a lot at LHR, sometimes twice a week on routes like MAA and HYD. Hopefully it could happen to BLR on the Thursday when I am flying, a seat in F would be a great way to start the journey, especially as all of the LHR 4-class aircraft that fly the MAA/BLR routes when subbed on have NF! The F cabin can be opened up and quite often is so keep an eye on MMB, especially at T-72!
Looks like a more general thing at LGW. Our flights to SKB on April 28th and back on May 12th have had the same aircraft change - now a 4 class 777 - we had been seat shifted and wife and I were not even seated together.

What sort of seat shifting plonker cannot work out that a male and a female with the same surname and on the same PNR and previously seated together might just be related - like husband and wife and so might expect to be seated together not in completely different rows and in the middle of the aircraft now, not in an aisle and window as our BAEC profiles have recorded. Of course - no notification sent and now all the decent seats in CW have been grabbed or blocked for those with a GC. Fortunately I can still change our seats and get us back together again and get an aisle and a window but not the good seats we previously had assigned.

Same thing on the return flight - shifted to different rows and in the middle!

Front cabin of F all blocked out of course.

We are also traveling as a party of four and the second couple were seated in the row in front of us - now god alone knows where they have been shifted to.

Finally thanks for the heads up to the OP - nothing in the way of info on this sent from BA - just a flag in MMB to alert me to a timing change - a change that is not a change since the timings are unchanged. Having seen the post I thought - I will just check my SKB flights in MMB to see if they are OK - glad I did!

Last edited by qwest01; Dec 7, 2011 at 1:34 pm