FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TG reveal brand new 747 F class suites
View Single Post
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:40 am
kittiyut

Programs: United GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by pansted00
I don't get it .
On which birds are they going to fit these seats first ?
On the 744 or the 747 currently being retrofit with new Y and C seats, and if the latter why not do it at the same time ?
Why is it that TG cannot have any consistency in its product offering. I like these new suites, but then how come they have chosen an inferior product for their flagship A 380's ?
I think I know the answer and it boils down to the proverbial TG mix of incompetence and corruption.
Yes, TG's management is incompetent and corrupt - any Thai company that the politicians can get their hands on will always be (corrupted).

Now to answer your questions...

These new F seats will be fitted on the 6 newest 747 in the fleet - version 7442 - THAI calls them 747 all series - Biz & Y seats will also be retrofitted.

THAI has 12 of the so called "new F" (10 seats in F) - version 7443 - THAI uses 744. 6 of these will be retired (the 6 oldest). 6 are being retrofitted with new Y with IFE. I think the last one is due out by the end of the year. All should've been done by now, but the flooding of DMK airport delayed things.

Incompetence and corruption aside, I think it makes sense that they are not wasting money updating aircrafts that are going to be phased out. Why not do it at the same time? Well they need those birds to make money!