FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta.com Says KLM Economy Comfort is Free for Delta PMs, But it's Not True
Old Nov 29, 2011, 2:30 pm
Burj

The post below is a bit long but hopefully this will help someone else save time... The summary of the post is the following:

Do not bother with Delta or KLM reservations but call KLM online/web support at: 866-434-0320

Be POLITE and when the agent says that Delta plats don't get Economy Comfort on KLM ask them to check with a supervisor as it is a NEW reciprocal benefit now that Delta has economy comfort also.

In any case I am now all set...this is what I had to do:

Call KLM online support at: 866-494-0320
On the automated menu option 1 is for people who did NOT purchase their ticket from klm.com...if you select that you get a recording ask you to call normal reservations...then CLICK...

So I called back and this time selected "2" which is for people who DID purchase through klm.com

After a wait I got an agent and I explained I was a Delta Plat who was flying KLM transatlantic and I would like to get a seat assignment in economy comfort.

She told me to go through klm.com

I explained that when I did that it tried to charge me despite being a Delta Plat.

She claimed that was correct.

I POLITELY explained that now that Delta had Economy Comfort that it is reciprocal benefit. She said I would have to show her WHERE on the Klm website it says that.

I POLITELY pointed out that this is a new agreement and if there were someone she could check with who knows.

She seemed hesitant but agree...I really think the POLITE tone is what got her to be willing to look into it.

She then asked for my record locator. However that did not work for you. I pointed out that it was the exact same number I used to access my reservation via klm.com

She said that her system wasn't taking it...we then tried searching by flight and last name and then by ticket number and she was NOT able to find me in her system....she put me on hold and eventually came back sounding a little flustered and relieved saying she had found it.

Finally she put me on hold again and said she would check with a supervisor....

After another few minutes she came back and FINALLY said "Yes you are able to get an economy comfort seat for free as a Delta Plat...which one would you like"

After getting off the phone with her I logged into klm.com and found I was no assigned the seat I had requested in economy comfort!!!