FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT wine tasting get together in 2001
View Single Post
Old Nov 15, 2000, 8:48 pm
ozstamps
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
RK7's post probably highlights a problem/reality many of you will have. There are LOTS of things you might want to do and see if you come all the way to OZ. I stepped off a 14 direct hour flight from SFO a few hours ago, and do all that flying and you WANT to see a few things after it all!

I really feel many non Australians do not realise this continent is as large as the 48 states. To come into Sydney, fly to Barossa(Adelaide) then go to Cairns is like me arriving into LAX, then flying to New Orleans, then to Boston, then back to LAX. Bottom line, it will cost you a FORTUNE in tickets or points most likely to do what you want to do.

As it happens I have discovered a bizarre Qantas award that I can redeem 100s of as I have nearly a million useless Qantas points, but probably most of you cannot. This is where FlyerTalk "gifting" potentially comes into play. See full details here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum94/HTML/002911.html

For anyone who wants to basically fly around this country, when and wherever you like, all in Business Class, perhaps talk to me when your plans are set.

------------------
~ Glen ~