FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Points expiring... ?
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2011, 9:30 am
bworrell

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
I'm still confused about exactly when all my points will expire. Most of my 5700 points will expire in January, but I have a few hundred that were posted in March and April through rental cars.

Here's the response I got:
Thank you for your continued correspondence. We appreciate the opportunity for further clarification.

Points are good for one year from the date issued. To extend that expiration date for an additional
12 months you would be required to generate at least one TrueBlue point to you TrueBlue account, either by flying or by using the JetBlue American Express card.

If you have any additional questions please give JetBlue a call at 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) and we would be happy to answer your questions more quickly by phone.
I responded with:
Points are good for one year? Great... so my points that posted to my account after my last flight of Jan 10 will still be there when the rest expire, right?

This is a terrible policy by the way.
And they responded with this:
Thank you for your additional email regarding your TrueBlue points. Yes, any points that posted to your account after your last flight of January 10, 2011 will still be in your account until their expiration date. The terms and conditions of our TrueBlue program can be viewed online at jetblue.com if you have any additional questions regarding our program guidelines.

We do regret to hear of your disappointment with the expiration date attached to your TrueBlue points, and we appreciate your candid feedback. One of the key components to our success to date -- and in the future -- is based on listening to our customers. You can trust that your comments have been forwarded to the TrueBlue Leadership Team for their review.

Please understand that even though the results from this situation are not as you would have liked them to be, we do value you as a JetBlue customer and we look forward to serving you again onboard your future flights.
So I *think* I'll still have those few hundred points even after the rest expire in Jan.