FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "I need XXX UA Miles/PQMs for Elite Status" Thread [Archive]
Old Nov 18, 2011, 1:42 pm
aacharya
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Paul19
Due to a layoff and new job in a different industry, I've gone from Platinum last year to Gold this year and on track to Silver for 2012. Blech!

I haven't been on these forums like I used to, and forgive me, but my FF knowledge has really lapsed as of late. So forgive the really basic question (searched the forums and couldn't quite find the answer).

I'll be at 29,600 Elite miles/28 segments after this weekend. I will likely be doing much more travel (both biz and personal) in 2012 and would love to keep my Gold status somehow. Short of doing a Hong Kong trip or two (which I probably couldn't afford—but totally open to mileage runs before 12/31), are there any options for keeping Gold status for, say under $1,000? It doesn't look like the CO or UA Chase credit cards would help, would they? Any suggestions are appreciated!
Best bet is two TATL mileage runs prior to year end. Or three transcons and the rest on Elite Maximizer.

Don't knock HKG though- pretty sure there was a deal in the Mileage Runs forum under $1K that would get you the miles you need.