FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One of our own: Piano prodigy, 16, tours with Ottawa orchestra
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:58 pm
yulred

Originally Posted by SensFan
Show some respect for your fellow posters. Calling him "the kid who was complaining about not getting access to lounges despite his status" is a pretty petty remark. You could have searched to see if that was the case instead of airing what would seem to be a pet peeve of yours in this thread.

Enjoy your tour Jan!
There wasn't any disrespect intended.

Perhaps you're right, though it wasn't meant that way. For some reason, I thought he was being touted as "one of our own" by AC, which, I now realize, may not be the case.

IF it had been (which was the admittedly mistaken assumption I was under), then it would have been incredibly ironic to see AC touting him as one of their own after he had to file a public complaint on this board (amongst other things) to get a resolution in that case.

And yes, at 16, hes a kid. A prodigy no doubt, but I'm not going to be calling him a man or an adult.

His complaining about it was not a pet peeve for me - anything but. I do more than my share of complaining around here. Just thought it was odd that an airline he complained about publicly would tout him as one of our own. Granted, I now know thats not the case.