Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

One of our own: Piano prodigy, 16, tours with Ottawa orchestra

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry

Website article complete with audio clip/interview with jlisi984: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...o.html?cmp=rss
--
13F
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:47 am

There's a nice interview in the G & M as well right now (yesterday or today--I don't know as I read it online).

I'll be picking up the cd when it's out for sure.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
See also:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...hlight=pianist
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:40 am

Not trying to be negative, and I know it's public news, but are you sure he wants all this attention to "out" him on the board and have people "connecting the dots" from different circles of life. I know I'd be a little apprehensive about it.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
He outed himself several times in the past, including the first post in the thread mentioned by tcook052 above.
--
13F
Old Nov 16, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: AC*E
How is this aeroplan related?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by drdrma
IIRC he is an elite and does collect AP miles so does that count?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by drdrma
The youngest SE, and has had multiple posts and valuable inputs on many threads in this aeroplan forum.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:08 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by bakersdozen
Not trying to be negative, and I know it's public news, but are you sure he wants all this attention to "out" him on the board and have people "connecting the dots" from different circles of life. I know I'd be a little apprehensive about it.
jan outed himself some time ago. way to go jan. your contributions here are valuable. your talent, is remarkable.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 2:10 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by DavidYYC
The youngest SE, and has had multiple posts and valuable inputs on many threads in this aeroplan forum.
exactly. and can move his business to another airline and so his vocal views can do nothing but help me, the free loader that i am.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mkjr
jan outed himself some time ago. way to go jan. your contributions here are valuable. your talent, is remarkable.
True, but it's different when it's the conscious choice of the indiviual themselves making the post vs. a random. With that I digress. Congrats Jan as well.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
+1, you're a pretty cool kid (guy).
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:48 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
have the print Globe and Mail article as well. Unfortunately, it's been edited for content by the newspaper. I would have enjoyed reading more. A nice interview otherwise.

Sometimes FlyerTalk is about community too- so I think in my own opinion, this is ok to comment given his many contributions to FT.

^
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:10 pm

Isnt he the prodigy who was complaining about not getting access to lounges despite his status?

Last edited by yulred; Nov 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm Reason: Prodigy, not 'kid'
Old Nov 16, 2011, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by yulred
Isnt he the kid who was complaining about not getting access to lounges despite his status?
Show some respect for your fellow posters. Calling him "the kid who was complaining about not getting access to lounges despite his status" is a pretty petty remark. You could have searched to see if that was the case instead of airing what would seem to be a pet peeve of yours in this thread.

Enjoy your tour Jan!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.