FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E- entirely full, no pax permitted to move to near empty E+
Old Nov 14, 2011, 6:26 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by LarkSFO
(Rant on: Thanks to UA's idiotic policy about not allowing upgrades on award tickets, my wife and I were doomed to E+ on a flight that is one of the easy UDU's out there... As we watched, the GA came back to get not 1, not 2, but 3 people to invite them to enjoy the trip in F. The horror. I am sure I am much more elite than they are...)
It can be worse. I booked SFO-PEK-PVG-LAX-SFO, paid ticket. Same itin for my wife, but award. Have I ever not cleared LAX-SFO? Not that I recall. I knew it was going to happen ahead of time, but there's apparently no way to turn down the automatic upgrade request, and of course it comes through 5 or 6 days out, and of course by the time I log on and check seats the exit row seat where I was (next to her) is now taken by somebody else, the plane is full, etc. And of course she refused to switch seats with me. Is this drill familiar to you?