FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Cape Town, South Africa [Master Thread]
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:30 pm
Thunderroad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by wingzing
Will also be heading to the Westin CPT in March. Tour recommendations (esp wine) would be appreciated. The name of a good airport transfer service would also be appreciated (I heard that arranging through the concierge is expensive).

Thanks!
I don't know tour companies or airport transport services, but FWIW when my wife and I went to the Westin a few years ago we took the double decker bus service for which the top deck is open and that has various routes going all over the city. Never done that elsewhere before, given that we like to walk around cities as much as possible or where necessary just take a taxi or public transit to get from A to B. But for a city as spread out as CPT with such diverse attractions, it was great. The buses run very regularly, so you hop off for an hour or two at one spot and hop back on when the schedule indicates the next bus will return. At least when we were there, the buses stopped at the curb practically right outside the hotel.