FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - E- entirely full, no pax permitted to move to near empty E+
Old Nov 14, 2011, 3:14 pm
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by nycua1k
+1. I completely agree with how the FA enforced the policy but not her attitude. E+ is for elites and people who paid to sit in that section. Imagine how you would feel if you had paid $80 to sit in that section only to find out that someone could move up to those seats for free.
I actually have paid for E+ in the past, only to have people who didn't seated next to me. So it is more of a statement I've made that I'll never pay for it again.
Not only that, but that flight had mechanical issues, cancelled, and getting my money back was a major PITA.

Originally Posted by craz
+! OP how would you feel if at a concert or ball game you paid top $$ for the seats front and center only to see a bunch of people who paid for the nose-bleed section swaming into the near empty section you are in and paid alot more for those seats the they did for theres

a ^ to that FA, and I just Luv it when an FA is asked and she says sure no problem CC please as its $xx/$xxx for that seat.
I began my thread with this--
Now I realize each airline has their own policies on special seats. As a mod in the US forum I regularly see posts from elites of *A partners who aren't allowed to book exit rows, etc. As a US elite I know that I'm only entitled to a normal seat on partner airlines, the same as what US does for partners
When asked about paying, the FA said passengers needed to see the gate agent. When a passenger asked for the gate agent, they were denied.