FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum folks: How often are you upgraded?
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:48 am
Junior Varsity

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
Which at this point is still outside the T-5 day window...

Regarding the people who are complaining about not getting a free perk:
Yes, I love the upgrades just as much as anyone, but I understand it as a perk and not a right.

First Class Monetization: Um, why should I be upset for Delta trying to be as profitable as possible? In my business, if I decided not to pursue an additional revenue stream there would be SEVERAL extremely, easily documented reasons for me to justify making that choice. Those reasons would also have to show an ROI greater than the additional revenue stream. There is first class seating on most DL flights and they should be trying to sell them.

AMEX: Well, I don't honestly know enough about this to make a comment one way or the other. However, I'm not going to knock someone for playing by the rules and gaining status. We all don't have the same opportunities but I'm not .....ing about the people who can afford to fly private or who's companies fly them first or business. I think it was kindergarden when I learned life isn't fair.

I think that the reduction of total capacity is resulting in more and more elites being on any given flight given the appearance of hugely ballooning levels. Those who have to fly, have to fly. Cut down on the vacationers and trips for people where its not 100% necessary and the picture becomes skewed. If you put frequent flyers over the total pax as the denominatior and then reduce just the total pax...well, I'm sure you get the point.

At the end of the day, I'm just going to buy my seat (always in coach so) and if I get upgraded as a result of spending too much time away from the family, then all the better.