FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flexibility in BA S. America bookings (or Asia??)
Old Nov 10, 2011, 8:26 pm
greek2me

Programs: UA Gold, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle, etc etc
Originally Posted by LizzyDragon84
I think LIM-IPC is a seasonal flight. You'll have to check whether it's flying during your dates. If it isn't, you can fly SCL-IPC but will get stuck with the reprocity fee.

The poster above suggested routing through MDZ to avoid the fee at EZE/AEP. When I booked my trip using a similar routing, I wasn't able to do that. I had to fly direct SCL-EZE.

To give you more ideas on what can be booked, I flew MIA-LIM-IPC-SCL-EZE-LIM-MIA in biz for 80k BA miles.
Another data point. This week I booked JFK-LIM-IPC (dest)-SCL-EZE/AEP-GRU-LIM-JFK for 80k in business class (except SCL-EZE and AEP-GRU were only avail in coach around my desired travel days). $240 all in taxes/fees per person for Sept 2012.
Stopping everywhere except LIM on the return leg since doing that on the way down.

P.S. Any way I can get business class if becomes available on the two legs that are now coach? If so, how?

Last edited by greek2me; Nov 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm Reason: update for 2 coach legs