FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confusing Upgrade Experience (Mobile Check-in –> Airport Upgrade List)
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:32 pm
gozetta

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG LT Plat, AA 3MM EXP
Don't use Mobile Checkin if trying to upgrade!!!!

Checked in on my iPhone, and it failed at the "add to airport upgrade standby list." Apparently, the mobile app checked me in, but did NOT add me to the airport upgrade standby list as requested.

There really is no remedy here. I'm a 2MM, Plat member, called Plat line and hear the following facts:

1. there are at least three helpdesk numbers I need to contact (webservices, platinum desk, and usablenet (mobile).
2. you cannot "un-checkin" with AA any way
3. no one can change my seat (to a better coach seat) after I "checked in."
4. usablenet (mobile AA.com) is a joke, 866-237-7971 is basically an answering service, since I called at 8pm Central where the operator said no "staff" was available and she would get this to her "staff" and they would call me back. Whatever.
5. AA Platinum line no longer has direct lines into the ORD AAdmirals club. No numbers. Period. Blamed it on the recent renovations, all they have is a fax number. I am a paid member, and apparently they are the ONLY ones that can change a seat after checkin (or failed checkin).

ARE YOU SERIOUS THAT I CAN'T GET ADDED TO AIRPORT UPGRADE STANDBY OR CHANGE MY FREAKIN SEAT ONCE THE MOBILE APP FAILS CHECKIN????