FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 6: Do you have a role on other travel sites?
Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:52 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Are you an administrator, moderator, or do you hold any financial interest for any other travel-related web site and/or travel discussion forum?
No

Do you believe that a TB member who holds such a position would have a conflict of interest, or at the least, give the appearance of a conflict of interest with FT?
I cannot say that one who holds such a position would (n.b. would) have a conflict of interest as that is solely up to them but as to giving the appearance of holding a conflict of interest-YES. Imho, if there is even a remote chance of it appearing as a conflict of interest, that person (again, imho) loses integrity with others (both board members and others in the community) and that could lead to behind the scene "issues" between members which could in turn lead to nothing getting done.

Now I'm gonna go out on a limb (and probably get myself in trouble ) but I'll extend the subject of conflict of interest to forum moderators also being members of Talkboard and vice-versa and say that imho, that should not be allowed as for simplicity’s sake, one makes the rules and the other enforces the rules and imho, never the two should be combined.