FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:25 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by genotonda
Does anyone know if buying some chips on board would qualify as an AA billed charge, thereby triggering the $100 statement credit offered?

The T&C's don't specifically says that it doesn't, and if it did exclude it that would leave pretty much only airfare (copays and such inlcuded) abnd maybe baggage fees as the only available AA purchases.
When I was on an AA flight last week I tore off the 45K $100 statement credit offer page from AAmerican Way magazine. Upon reading the fine print, it does say the meal purchase onboard is qualified purchase. They exclude duty free purchase though.

Originally Posted by thehawk75
I'm 99.9% certain she/they have confused this 2 AC day passes bonus of the regular card with the AC membership benefit of the Executive card.

I will call back in a couple weeks to inquire about the passes again, hopefully by then the CSR's are a little more up to date. Or perhaps they'll just mail out the passes when the statement in which I hit my spending requirement for the miles closes -- which will happen in less than a couple of weeks for me.
I agree with you. They confuse the new offers with the Executive card.

The AC passes might be mailed out directly from AA and may take a while. AA occasionally sent out free passes to drum up business anyway. Both husband and me got a day pass with expiration date a while back just for us to try the club.