FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [REVISED] Southwest Airlines Card 50,000 Bonus Points, $2k spend
Old Nov 3, 2011, 10:11 am
Lyssa

I just got approved for both personal and biz cards this week. Applied over the weekend, got waitlisted for both. Called and got the personal first, I explained I was interested in using the card to earn points for domestic flights. I had to cancel an old Slate card and got approved. Then called back a couple of days later and asked for the biz department. They asked a few questions about my biz and then moved some credit around so I got the card. I plan to start sending on them both in Jan to try for the CP.

Only bad thing, I ended up with the personal card with the $99 fee. I really wanted the $69 fee, that was why I didn't apply a couple of months ago when the card was out, I heard reports of people getting a $69 annual fee but there was no link, I think it was just at the airport or something. I must have been looking at too many pages and somehow messed up and applied on the wrong link.

Is there any real benefit to having the $99 fee card? I tried to get them to change it and they said they are two different products and it can't be done until the end of the year. Would this mean that I could be able to get the $69 card also? Not right now of course, too many apps, but maybe in the future?