FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Acceptable Identification for Domestic Travel [Consolidated Thread]
Old Oct 31, 2011, 8:23 pm
Global_Hi_Flyer

Programs: DL 2+ million/PM, YX, Marriott Plt, *wood gold, HHonors, CO Plt, UA, AA EXP, WN, AGR
Originally Posted by Sydneysider
I used my Global Entry card (which is acceptable ID) last Friday at PDX, and of course the one-striper didn't know what to make of it. Called over an aggressive two-striper who demanded other ID (request: declined) and enen a three-striper wasn't sure.

I had ample time so I insisted on using that as my ID and let them hash it out. Apparently they showed it to some BDOs (their phrasing) who gave it the okay.

When the three-striper wouldn't immediately clear it I said, "Then call an AFSD or the FSD." The looks on their faces were priceless.

Normally I wouldn't be so pissy, but 1. It's TSA, and 2. If I have to follow every one of their ridiculous, nonsensical rules, then they must also follow them, including recognizing my GE card as acceptable identification.
Just a note: the back of my card has the "Sentri" logo & label. Sentri IS clearly noted as being acceptable by the TSA.