FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Baggage storage @ Penn Station
View Single Post
Old Oct 29, 2011, 8:32 am
phlashba

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

"As I mentioned before, the Neon Greyhound bus menu (both .ca and .com versions) show New York Penn STA. Nothing else = as in no PA"

When I click on the Neon link from the Greyhound page, the drop-down menu has two listings for New York: "New York," and "New York Penn STA." From which stop is your ticket valid?

The Amtrak Baggage Service office offers temporary baggage checking at the rate of $4.50/bag/day, but might require you to present an Amtrak or NJ Transit train ticket to use the service. If your bus ticket is only valid from the Neon Penn Station pick-up point, I would try to check the bag with Amtrak. If the clerk insists on a train ticket, ask if an NJ Transit rail ticket is acceptable. The cheapest adult-fare NJ Transit rail ticket is one to "Secaucus Junction," which I believe costs $4.25; a senior citizen/disabled ticket should cost about half that. NJ Transit one-way rail tickets are non-refundable, but they never expire.
I agree -- AFAIK they won't check any bags at Penn Station without Amtrak or NJ Transit train tickets. I also don't believe there are any bag check options at PA. As noted previously check out this link OP for other options:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...l#post12833384