FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Acceptable Identification for Domestic Travel [Consolidated Thread]
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:27 pm
Janus

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by lindagtg
Janus, that info is good to know. Considering that I fly out of DCA, where both the airline employees and TSA agents accept the PIV, you would think DC area TSA would of all people know the difference between a CAC and PIV (since so many of us in the area have one of those), and thus if PIV is not really acceptable, would not let me and my coworkers use it.
If you dig around the TS/S forums you'll see countless examples of TSA accepting and not accepting valid/invalid ID. This is just another example of that. Also, DCA TSA knows full well that their purse strings frequent their airport. Which makes me think they would be a little more lenient on certain things.

Originally Posted by lindagtg
However, I still don't know the answer as to whether or not the ID badge has to have your birth date on it, like the LEX TSA agent said. Janus, do you know if the CAC has the birthdate on it?
DOB is on the back: http://www.cac.mil/CardInfoGeneva1.html

As for requiring DOB, I think everything on TSA's allowed list does include DOB (though not sure about TWIC, Airline/Airport ID, and Canadian ID). The PIV card standard (NIST's FIPS 201-1) does not require DOB.