FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charged for Safe???
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2011, 9:19 am
ewok22

Programs: WS Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite, AC 100K, INtercontinetal Ambassador, Avis Prefered Plus
Charged for Safe???

Ok I know this is not a huge issue but it really bugs me. I checked into a Comfort Inn last night in YYC, as I am sitting here in the airport I am reviewing my bill and there is a charge

"Safe w/ltd Warranty $2.00"

I call the hotel but GM was not in yet but the guy at the front desk says yes we charge if you use the safe "not great english so I only think that's what he said". I got no where with him. By the way I did not even know there was a safe in the room!

Ok I checked in last night and they said sign here, here & here, I don't have my glasses on but I sign thinking it is the damage and no smoking policy but I am wondering now if I also may have signed for a safe although nothing was explained. I know, I know shame on me but come on we all do it

I have emailed the gm but just wondering if anyone else has run across this. My employer will pick up the costs this is about "principle", I mean are they going to be allowed to charge us $1.00 if we use the bath towel next? The cost for this should be included in the cost of the room IMHO.

Let me know your comments maybe I am just making a big deal outta nothing...thanks