FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Express flights operated by Continental
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:08 am
weirdlyndon

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UpgradeMePlz
Hello folks,

Not sure this was on the boards yet but thought I would share an experience I just had.

I am taking a flight from EWR that is a continental flight but actually a shuttle america united express plane. Been trying to figure out why I wasn't on the EUA list, and finally a 3rd agent told me the following (after 2 agents gave me the different answers)

"Any planes that have been realigned (e.g. CO operated but UA/UX metal) does not have EUA ahead of time, only at the gate."

Anyone have experience with this yet? Seems like another issues that the merger isn't dealing well with.

About ready to ship off to delta with a status match, been getting frustrated with the two systems and nobody knowing what they are doing on the CO side especially!
Finally! I'm not the only one! Flew BFL-IAH yesterday and 5 days out, no EUA. My CO Plat # was in the reservation and the flight was R5/RN5. UA couldn't give me an answer. CO agents told me they didn't know and that the system just handles the upgrades automatically and nothing they can do. Finally a decent CO agent on the phone told me that redeployments always go to the airport for upgrade clearing - they're not done in advance. The unfortunate thing is that you have no clue if you're on the list or not because it's not featured on the flight status page on CO.com and no listed on the iPhone app either. The only way I knew I was on the upgrade list was when I checked in at the kiosk at BFL yesterday and on my boarding pass it says 'Added to the Upgrade Standby List.'

At the gate agent had all Upgraded BPs ready. The opaque upgrade handling for these flights are enough to not want to book these flights in the future, or at least until it's unified like other flights. The whole UA plane, but operated and sold by CO is confusing.