FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Oct 9, 2011, 12:55 pm
LarryJ

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by CJKatl
The entire boarding process makes me uncomfortable.
I was a frequent SWA passenger for three years. When my travel switch to requiring international flights, such as Tokyo, I switched to Delta.

As a no-status SWA passenger, I got much better seats than as a no-status Delta flier. I was 100% getting an aisle seat on the right side between row four and the exit row. As a no-status DAL passenger I was stuck in the back and often had to re-check the web site daily in order to avoid a middle seat.

The SWA boarding process is much better than Delta's for a Zone 3 or Zone 4 passenger. No need to get out of your seat until just before your group of 30 board. The signs hold your place in a nice, organized line. No big mob of gate lice to try to push through. No scrum of people in the same Zone jockeying for the head of the non-existant line.

Once I made FO that all changed. Status makes all the difference. Status on SWA eliminates the need to check in which is a nice improvement as well. It guarenteed me a place in line which would get me the seats that I wanted.