FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LGW Arrivals Lounge Access - BA.com Can't Say!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:32 pm
ESpen36
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by becket5
Their helpful reply was: "I am sorry we are unable to advise by email if you can access our lounge."

Clearly, the BA rep didn't want to put any statement in writing in case you decided to bring a printout to the lounge, were denied, and then raised hell with BA, thereby potentially making trouble for the rep.

It is also unclear to me whether the lounge dragons (front desk gatekeepers) are actually BA agents or are third-party hospitality contractors controlling access to the lounges on behalf of BA. The last time I went to a BA lounge at LHR, the front desk rep had no training to deal with questions related to flight status, gates, reservations, etc....all the lady knew how to do was to check credentials and offer or deny admission. She admitted as such and apologized, but said I would have to speak to a BA agent to get answers to my questions.

I would not count on having Arrivals Lounge access when flying Coach. As noted, it is NOT a listed oneworld status benefit.