FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CIBC Aventura World MasterCard - 1st Yr Free & 15,000 Points (Sept 2011)
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:01 am
alc

Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
Question for the AMEX Gold cardholders: If you cancel your card, is your membership reward account still active or do they close that too? In other words, do we need to transfer the MR points to AP or can we keep them in MR?
I have this question myself too.

Originally Posted by bobloblaw007
By the way, does Aventura have this promotion normally? Never really looked into it.
I do not recall any promo in the recent years. Not sure when Aventura VISA first came out. I think in this case, they just want to increase the Aventura Mastercard card holders.

From an old friend who used to work at CIBC, CIBC launch Aventura when CIBC afraid to loose partnership with AEROPLAN. And they did some "so-call" detail calculation and said this Aventura is better for CIBC in terms of profit. So assuming it is still true, it is CIBC best interest to have more Aventura over AeroGold. So, hopefully they will have more Aventura promo so I can just switch between AMEX Gold Reward and this card every year