FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cannot see telephone numbers in forum posts or PM's.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:16 pm
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by mia
Posts discussing a report that numerals formatted as telephone numbers are not displayed have been moved to the Technical Issues forum.
Thanks mia for moving this line of discussion from Amex Forum to Technical Issues Forum.

I now understand this is not a board software issue and probably wouldn't choose to burden IB staff. I usually go to our Travel Technology Forum for my silly computer questions and/or problems.

Originally Posted by mooper
Your problem has *nothing* to do with FT software. FT serves the numbers fine to all browsers. It is something with your configuration, on your end. I suggest trying Chrome... would likely solve your issue instantly, and maybe others.
Just tried both IE and Chrome and you are right. I do see phone numbers on FT on non-Firefox browsers.

Originally Posted by HikerT
I suspect the problem is due to installed software / broswser add on like skype, which tries to turn every phone number into a link to allow the user to make a call. If so, changing browsers may not help depending on what browsers that software is activated for.
Skype will do this? I have no idea!

I do have Skype with my FF though. Could Skype be the culprit?