FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cannot see telephone numbers in forum posts or PM's.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:29 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
OT, but...

Originally Posted by mooper
What software are you using?
I was referring to the Internet Bulletin Board FT is using.

Not malware, spyware nor virus on my computer, last time (i.e this morning) I check.

Originally Posted by mia
If the phone number were not visible I would not have provided the link. The phone number is visible to me using both Chrome and IE8. The problem is specific to your configuration.
I am on FF with ....... Plus. And I never thought it has anything to do with my configuration not seeing phone numbers on FT. For example, I tried to provide a contact number for a travel agency in this post, the phone number was "white out" (i.e. invisible) after I submitted it. But I was/am able to see the fax number though. I had to exchange some phone numbers via PMs a while ago, and the numbers weren't showing under preview either. I just assume it's the board program/software to prevent that for privacy, protection or whatever reasons. If I replace dashes with dots between digits (i.e. XXX.XXX.XXXX, instead of XXX-XXX-XXXX), those phone numbers will show. I don't know why.

Thank you both for pointing it out and confirming the numbers are there. I see it's premature for me to assume it's a board software blocking from these two incidents. Since I hardly have to deal with phone numbers on FT, I didn't consider a discussion thread over Technical Issues Forum. I'll sleep on it and see if I will dig into this "non-issue" on FT.

Sorry to derail the discussion. Let me try to bring it back on the right track.

Yes, a lot of info is provided in thread already, such as executive office phone number. If one would just read a couple of pages or perform key word searches before asking a question, your fellow FTers can be graciously spared with repetitive enquiries.