FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia to Cancun connecting flight Amsterdam 2 hours
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:41 pm
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by sssssaidychance
My parents told me that the safest or best way probably is to apply for a transit visa in USA and pass through America. Aside from the fact that I will save more from doing this, this will the most smooth way...
If you are open to a USA transit (not the easiest route for foreign nationals right now I know) it would be far easier and cheaper to fly via Los Angeles as follows:

Philippine Air MNL-LAX
Delta or United LAX-CUN

It's economical and simple -- the only wrinkle is, you'd have to overnight in Los Angeles. The flight from Manila arrives in early evening and the Cancun flights don't depart until the next morning.

A simple two-stop routing with no overnight required en route would be:

Hawaiian Airlines MNL-HNL-PHX
US Airways PHX-CUN

You would pass through US Customs in Honolulu, but only once. No second scan in Phoenix. And you'd have decent, reasonable layovers in Honolulu and Phoenix, so much less worry about missing flights.

Much less stress, I think, than flying MNL-KUL-AMS-DUS-CUN.

Alternatively, if you can get yourself to Shanghai or Tokyo, you can fly Aeromexico PVG-MEX-CUN or NRT-MEX-CUN. But the Shanghai flight only operates twice a week, Tokyo 3x/week, and both look rather expensive; bargain fares already sold out for October. Traveling via Los Angeles or Hawaii would be easier.

Good luck!

Last edited by BearX220; Sep 27, 2011 at 12:48 pm