FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You chose to opt out."
View Single Post
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:22 pm
average_passenger

Originally Posted by RichMSN
I've opted out every time I've traveled thus far, with no exceptions.

In ATL on Friday morning. Went through Sky Priority lane. Had to opt out. Was asked to stand aside. Couldn't see my baggage coming out of the chute.

I told the clerk, "I can't see my bags. I'm entitled to see my bags at all times."

She said, "You chose to opt out. You need to wait here until someone comes to get you."

"But I can't see my bags. Am I not entitled to see my possessions at all times?"

She audibly sighed. All that did was make her realize I was going to be a pain in the backside until someone came and rescued her from me.

I repeated myself as she started walking away. The "male assist" arrived about 10 seconds later. He was very professional and the first thing he told me was to face my possessions. All was fine then.

Why is it that they simply can't follow their own procedures? I have an iPad, a laptop, my wallet, and keys in my possession -- all but the laptop is in my briefcase and I don't want it out of my sight -- is this really too much to ask?
Yes, you are asking too much. How can the bad TSO's steal your stuff? Please not that only some of them steal, not all of them. Also, how else will they try to persuade people to not opt out? I'm glad that you were persistent and kept repeating yourself until you got your way.