FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Malaysia to Cancun connecting flight Amsterdam 2 hours
Old Sep 25, 2011, 4:33 pm
BearX220
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by stifle
I hate to break it to you, but TUIfly does not serve AMS.
Don't scare the kid with misinformation. It does too. The problem here is not that TUIfly does not serve AMS, but that two hours in AMS is probably not enough time to get checked in for the TUIfly departure and also collect and wrangle checked baggage. You can check in with TUIfly on the web in advance, before leaving Manila, for at least the first segment, AMS-DUS/MUC/FRA. I'm not sure about the second as the TUIfly website does not recognize Amsterdam to Cancun as a thru itinerary. The only Cancun nonstops are from those three German cities.

What is more, if your flight into AMS is late and you miss the TUIfly flight, will they rebook you on a subsequent flight? Or do you lose all the value of our ticket, as is the case with some lower-tier airlines, and have to buy another?

In short, I would not risk a two-hour transfer time. I would book my onward flight to Cancun for the next day, Priceline a cheap hotel, and have a nice stress-free evening visiting Amsterdam. That way it won't matter if the Malaysian flight is late or not.